Stress Free Vacations
How exciting is it to have a vacation to plan for. Your next adventure is just around the corner and you are thrilled to be planning all your activities, tours and culinary experiences in a new, fun destination. So what can you do to make all the planning just a little easier? How can you be sure your plans are going to come off just right? As head of the 1 person planning committee you have a lot of responsibility and several people trusting you to do a good job of planning the itinerary. Vacations are always to short and you want to make the most of every second.
STEP #1 Ask for help.
It really is as simple as that. Ask for help, professional help and it does not have to cost you a single penny. Many local businesses offer FREE services or packages to help guests find their services. Seek out a helpful vacation rental manager and ask for those services you plan on shopping for yourself. You will be surprised at the response you will receive from some small business owners.
Top 6 Questions to ask your vacation rental manager
- Ask for a “professional quality activity guide”. Not a note jotted on the back of an envelope or a collection of flyers left over from other travelers. Ask for a quality activity guide so you can review the latest tours, attractions, restaurants and rental providers. An excellent guide will be recently composed, contain contact information and description of the event, attraction or service. Great images are a must have and it should be easy to use. Ask your vacation rental agent to email you their activity guide and if they don’t have one then shop around before you find out what else they do not have.
- Ask for a vacation package. You are very likely to purchase event tickets, ski passes, rent a boat, and dine out. Ask your booking agent for a vacation package that includes at least one of these items. Be sure to ask if your agent marks up the price of your requested item, a good booking agent will not mark up these types of services. Vacation Rental Authority offers services like these for the same price you will pay if you purchase directly. In some cases you will save money and make your vacation easier.
- Ask your booking agent for help finding things to do in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Send a list of things you plan on doing while on vacation and ask your agent for advise on what to do and who offers the best services. Be sure you booking agent lives locally and then trust their judgement. Who would know better than a professional tourism provider in their own home town?
- Ask for dining suggestions and even take out menus. your LOCAL vacation rental agent will know where to dine and what you can expect. If you want good local food at reasonable prices, your local agent will know. If you are looking for fine dining with exquisite service with a stunning view, your agent will know.
- Ask your booking agent to do your grocery shopping for you. Yes, your agent should be doing this at a very low cost if not, shop around for a helpful agent. Arriving at your vacation rental with all the condiments and groceries you will need for a couple meals is a great way to start out your relaxing or adventurous vacation. Have your coffee and bagels ready! Again trust your local agent, they will know the best places to find quality local baked goods, fresh produce and meat.
- Request a gift certificate for yourself or family member that you can use on a return trip. Returning guests are likely to receive a discount coupon if they are going to be coming back. Ask before you book and let your agent know you would like a nice certificate to offer friends and family. Be sure to ask before you book and you may be surprised at the results.
Our 6 ideas for stress free vacations just begins to touch on the options and services you can get for FREE. Lets consider the value to you in the following example
- Free Local Attraction Guide to Coeur d’Alene, Idaho $ 0.00
- 5 day boat rental for 10% off $ – 400.00
- Grocery shopping and delivery $ 29.00
- Free restaurant advice and menus $ 0.00
- Itinerary for tours, trips and events $ 0.00
- $200 in Gift Certificates for family and friends $ -200.00
Total Savings for asking for help $ 371.00
You just saved $371.00 on your vacation by asking your super helpful booking agent to do exactly what an agent should do. Your groceries are in the fridge when you arrive, your boat will be delivered at a discount, your family and friends are getting great gift certificates and you have a wonderful amount of insight about the local fun, dining and adventures available during your stay. Not only did you save money but you saved something more valuable, time.
Ask for an activities Guide from Vacation Rental Authority.